Saturday, July 20, 2013

Dress of the Day is Back!

It's been a long time since I've done Dress of the Day, mostly because I've been posting my performances of Debussy's Syrinx every day on my Syrinx Journey blog. I have missed Dress of the Day, and did integrate some fashion from Debussy's time into that project, but now I'm back with purely fashion.

Here are a few dazzling selections from Vintage Textile, a company which sells vintage clothing from various periods.

Worth dress (c. 1890)
From the lifetime of Charles Frederick Worth




















Tulle, gold metallic, and silver bead fishtail hem dress (c. 1925)



















Mario Fortuny velvet stencilled jacket (1930s) over Peplos dress (c. 1920)
One of the most sought after designers of the period, known for his evocations of ancient Greece and the Renaissance



















Chanel (c. 1937)
Numbered Chanel couture in cascades of fine lace = incroyable!



















Howard Greer (c. 1950)
Open backs are dramatic.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment